Unfortunately, the workplace is one of the common places where injuries occur, and millions of people are injured on the job each year. When workplace injuries occur, you may be forced to take time off to recuperate from your injuries, which can be discouraging and frustrating. Depending on your specific injury, chiropractic care may help you recuperate faster so your life can return to normal.
Common Workplace Injuries
While many different types of injuries can occur on the job, some of the most common workplace injuries that may benefit from chiropractic care include:
- Back injuries (disc problems, strains, and sprains)
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities
- Neck injuries (joint dysfunction, sprains, and strains)
- Rotator cuff tears
- Headaches (due to joint dysfunction, poor posture, or muscle tension)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Why See a Chiropractor?
Why visit Twin Cities Chiropractic for chiropractic care? Chiropractors will work with you to treat the root cause of your pain instead of just treating your symptoms. Some doctors may only treat the symptoms of the injury or pain, which leaves the source of the pain unresolved. With a good chiropractic treatment plan, you may be able to return to work quickly with minimal medical costs and time off.
Potential Treatments for Workplace Injuries
A chiropractor skilled in workplace injury treatment will offer a wide variety of services to treat workplace injuries. You’ll enjoy a customized treatment and recovery plan that will help reduce pain and get you back to work. Some of the potential treatments a chiropractor may use to treat common workplace injuries include:
Soft Tissue Rehabilitation
– Therapies designed to help get damaged or tight soft tissues in the body to their regular motion may be used. Noninvasive options include trigger point therapy, range of motion exercises, stretch, strength exercises, myofascial release, and massage therapy.
– Manual adjustments may be used to help restore the normal position and movement of joints within the body.
Personalized Home Care
– Chiropractors can work with you to develop a personalized home care plan that is designed to improve posture, restore mobility and strength, and speed up your recovery time. This may include a range of motion exercises, use of ice packs, postural education, or even the use of nutritional supplements.
If you’ve suffered from a workplace injury, contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive workplace injury treatment programs. Schedule a free consultation with Twin Cities Chiropractic today.